Best of the Week
So much good content…so little time! So here are what I thought were the best articles of the past week:
- Ten Home Improvement Tips Every Home Owner Should Know
- Fireplace Safety in a Frederick Winter, a guest article from our favorite home inspector, David Goldberg.
For Home Buyers
- Interest Rates: Still LOW, and probably will be for the remainder of the year… what about next year? This Investopia article prognosticates the second half of next year will see a jump to 5%.
- Frederick Md seems to fit this description of a great neighborhood: Twelve Things That Make a Neighborhood Truly Great, an article from Forbes.
- Bob Villa’s New Homeowner’s Survival Guide has some good info for the first-time buyer.
- How to Survive a Bidding War, if you are buying a house, in some markets where the inventory is tight, you may find yourself in a bidding war.
- Here’s a super infographic from Keeping Matters Current:
For Home Sellers
If you’re waiting until Spring to sell your home, there are several reasons you may not want to wait: 4 More Reasons to Sell Now, and a 5th reason: demand is still up in Frederick Md.
For more articles, Our Pinterest Board: Are You Selling A Home?
In the midst of very negative news and events in our country, I found some positive stories:
- Why There’s Never Been A Better Time to Build A Life or Career – this Forbes article was very uplifting.
- There are Heros among us, thankfully! Meet the Woman Who Is Building Digital Schools, in impoverished places where children and adults don’t have access to education. This was a great read!
Since the Holidays are upon us, the news was full of Tips and advice about giving thanks. Here were some that stood out:
- 15 Ways to Avoid Holiday Debt, this is one in a series about Holiday spending.
- Best Holiday Shopping Apps
[Geek Alert:] 3-D Printing in Space! How Awesome is that?
This Infographic has some creative ideas [Lily Tidhar for Fast Company]