Frederick Md Realtors
The Highland Group – with eXp Realty
Husband and wife team, Chris and Karen Highland, are the core of The Highland Group. Frederick Maryland Realtors, they have been serving the real estate needs of families in Frederick, Montgomery, Carroll, Howard & Washington Counties since 1992.
The Highland’s are affiliated with eXp Realty, The Agent-Owned Cloud Brokerage™. Chris Highland is the Maryland State Manager for eXp Realty MD. Chris Riley, State Broker, can be reached at 137 NATIONAL PLZ 300, NATIONAL HARBOR, MD, 20745 Broker: 888-860-7369.
We Solve Problems
Chris and Karen have lived in Frederick County for over 27 years and have raised four kids (and three dogs!) They’ve watched the changing Frederick landscape as well as the changing complexities of the real estate market.
Real estate transactions have many moving parts, and there are sometimes challenges in today’s complicated financial and legal environment.
Whether the issue is finding the right financing, negotiating the best possible price and terms, or assuring thorough inspections, the Highland Group specializes in solutions.
“I like to say that buying and selling real estate can be like a white water rafting expedition…you can certainly paddle, but I’d prefer it if you let me steer. As in any expedition, proper guidance is a must in order to avoid going into the drink… or hitting the rocks.”
~ Chris Highland
What differentiates us? Five Star Concierge Service
We realize that the real estate transaction has become more complex in the recent decade – contracts and disclosures have expanded, paperwork has tripled, and there are many more steps to the process. We believe that communication is the key to moving through the processes with the utmost success. We pledge to keep communication as a priority, to eliminate confusion during the process.
- Regular updates through a variety of mediums: online platform, emails, video chats, text, and even old fashioned phone calls.
- Easy and efficient access to documents and updates of the process through our platform. Not only for you, but also for all parties involved. The lender, the settlement attorney, inspectors and the cooperating agent have access to documents and necessary communication in a timely manner.
- We have resources for your information and education on the real estate process in our Buyer and Seller Libraries. This includes information on Neighborhoods, Market Trends, Informational videos and articles, all to inform you on the details you need. Karen is a nationally recognized real estate blogger and trainer, with 8 years of written content to inform and educate.
For more than a decade, we have been aggressively pursuing online marketing for real estate. Search algorithms are likely to be mind-numbing for consumers, but to us, it’s imperative to understand how search works.
NAR’s research tells us that 92% of home buyers are looking on the internet at some point for real estate information.
Our online marketing platforms are based on our continued study of consumers’ behavior…We provide what consumers are looking for.
- Professional Photos make your listing stand out.
- High Definition Videos, showcasing our listings at the highest level of professionalism
- Strategically placed listing pages that are found in organic search by likely buyers
- Today’s buyers are looking for lifestyle and community, our blogs highlight the community and the neighborhoods and provide that personalized local information that they’re looking for.
- Our blogs and website provide detailed information about the processes and best practices of the real estate transaction, they provide market statistics and analysis, and nuanced local information that may not be found on the larger national sites.
- This allows us to showcase our sellers’ properties and to provide valuable information to home buyers. Karen has been locally and nationally recognized for her blogging and social media expertise, and has even trained brokerages in the process of internet marketing.
- We use targeted social media sharing through strategic sponsored posts and videos, to get your listing in front of the right buyers.
The right technologies exist for the purpose of making the transaction more efficient and less difficult for all involved. To enhance the transaction and make the steps seamless, we use the most efficient real estate technologies:
- Cloud Document Sharing and Communication
- Electronic Lockboxes for your security
- The Highest Video and Photo Technologies to Market your Home
Our Team of Professionals share our values and are available to offer a continued Concierge Experience. We bring together the best team of real estate professionals to take care of all the aspects of your real estate transaction:
- Settlement Attorneys
- Home inspection
- Well & Septic
- Mold Remediation
- Home improvement
Fiduciary Representation means that we always put your interests first. It’s About Service
Because we see ourselves as customer service experts first, we are committed to helping tour clients achieve their goals, to making our clients´ priorities our own. Maybe that’s why over 80% of our business comes from referrals.
Concierge Service, whether you are a first-time buyer or seller, or a veteran, We value you and recognize that you are our business.
Experience and Education
Presently, Chris is a Realtor® and Maryland State Broker at eXp Realty. His experience in management and mentoring, as well as his 25+ years of real estate experience serve as a great resource to clients and agents as they maneuver the complex issues surrounding any real estate transaction.
Chris has a CDPE certification: Certified Distressed Property Expert. He has training and experience with Short Sale properties. He has helped many Maryland homeowners avoid foreclosure by helping them through the process of a short sale.
Karen brings her own unique benefits to buyers and sellers from the field of education. Karen provides back-office support for the Highland Group. She writes several blogs and websites, keeping buyers and sellers aware of real estate information and trends, as well as local Frederick events. Karen also works as the Communications Director at their local Association, FCAR, Frederick County Association of REALTORS®. She moderates a mastermind and trains agents on several aspects of digital marketing for real estate in their brokerage.
Experience… What does experience mean? Transactions have gotten more complex, the industry more complex. See the difference that experience makes.
- Doug H., A home seller, saved $5000 on a foundation issue that a buyer brought through a zealous home inspector. We brought in an engineer who determined the previous repair by the builder was, indeed, a legitimate repair that would still stand the test of time for 20 years or more.
- Matt and Amanda, home sellers, were able to use our roof repairman to warrant their roof, which saved $$$ on new roof, and eased the buyer’s concerns.
- John and Jane, buyers of $1.55 million farm. 1. When negotiating with the seller, a real estate attorney and real estate agent, experience mattered. 2. Also, after the buyers searched through 19 different lenders, we secured financing for this unique property with our contact at a local bank, who created a program just for our buyers.
- Credit surprised buyers – after a credit issue almost ruined their home purchase, we brought in a credit repair specialist, who repaired their credit and saved the purchase in a matter of weeks.
- Flooded basement days before settlement – we brought in mold remediation specialists who did a free consultation and superior service.
The Highland Group serves home buyers and sellers in all of Frederick County, including the City of Frederick, Adamstown, Mt. Airy, Monrovia, Ijamsville, New Market, Middletown, Myersville, Jefferson, Brunswick, Point of Rocks, Thurmont, Libertytown, Emmitsburg, Woodsboro, and Walkersville. They also serve referral clients in Washington County, Carroll County, Howard County and Montgomery County.
* * * * * *
Chris & Karen Highland
The Highland Group
powered by eXp Realty
301-401-5119 – Direct
888-860-7369 – Broker