If you’re considering purchasing a Frederick Condominium, there are several questions you’ll want to ask yourself.
- Are you interested in having no outside maintenance? Part of your condominium fees will go to regular outside maintenance, as well as common area maintenance, part will go into an account that will handle major upgrades, like roof replacement, siding repair, etc.
- Are you interested in the ability to travel for periods of time without worrying about your home?
- Are you happy with community life? Being in close touch with neighbors?
- Do you enjoy sitting by the pool without a care for the cleaning and upkeep of said pool? Same goes for lanscaping, parking and sidewalks.
- Are you ok with rules and by-laws?
- Do you like to putter in the garden? You’ll have to resign yourself to patio gardening, if possible.
- Do you like to have some space between you and your neighbor?
- Do you cringe at the thought of being told what you can and cannot do because of above-mentioned by-laws?
- Do you have lots of stuff that you don’t want to part with? Most condos don’t have a lot of storage. Apart from the occasional 5 X 8 space in the basement, you’d have to rent a storage garage, or impose on that relative with the extra storage space in his garage.
Things to Remember about Buying a Condo
In qualifying for the mortgage, the lender will figure in the monthly Condo fee, which will lessen the amount you actually can buy. Keep that in mind when you are comparing the sales price of a condo and a townhouse or single-family. (Also remember, the Condo fee is paying for the things you don’t want to take care of yourself.)
Generally speaking, during a “down market” condominums can be a little harder to sell; more time on the market, less appreciation. You want to make sure that you’ll more than likely be there for a good 7-10 years to make sure you can re-sell, depending on the market.
Search for Condominiums for sale in Frederick:
$255,000 : 5922 LEBEN DR, Frederick3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$244,900 : 202A MILL POND RD, Frederick3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$189,900 : 5300 TALLADEGA CT, Unit H, Frederick3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
2 beds, 1 full bath
2 beds, 1 full bath
$140,000 : 102 PRINCETOWN DR, Unit 5D, Frederick4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$258,000 : 5964 LEBEN DR, Frederick3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$145,000 : 2122 BRISTOL DR, Unit 22, Frederick3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
See all Real estate in the city of Frederick.
(all data current as of 12/4/2016)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Contact Chris Highland to tour Condominiums in Frederick Md