Lake Linganore at Eaglehead is a lake community in southern Frederick County that offers a beautifully natural setting. The 14 villages at Lake Linganore surround the largest private lake in Maryland, with 3 smaller lakes and amenities like 3 swimming pools, golf course, playgrounds, and nature trails, and more.
The Villages of Lake Linganore at Eaglehead Area Information:
Lake Linganore Location:
• East: Ben’s Branch of the Linganore Creek and Boyer’s Mill Road
• West: Eaglehead Road and Plantation Road
• North: Gas House Pike
• South: Eaglehead Drive
Lake Linganore is a community of 13 villages centered around a system of lakes: Lake Linganore, 250 acre-lake system, Lake Anita Louise, Lake Merle, and Lake Marion. Located 8 miles east of Frederick, there are presently x homes, on a total of 3700 acres of rolling hills. A little more than 1700 homes have been approved to be built on the remaining 950 acres. The Lake Linganore Association has information on community events and happenings.
Learn more about Lake Linganore at Eaglehead Community homes for sale.
- A favorite place for nature-lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, bird watchers and fishing. Small electric boats and canoes are allowed on the lakes.
- A part of the Oakdale High School District, Oakdale Middle School and Deer Crossing Elementary
- Easy access to route 144 and I-70, easy commute to Baltimore and places east, or Frederick to the west, and Montgomery County to the south.
Lake Linganore Real Estate Information: Spring 2015
Lake Linganore at Eaglehead has a mix of single-family homes, townhouses and condominiums. The styles are in keeping with a lake community, Cape Cod, Colonial and Contemporary homes.
- Condominiums are located in Audobon Terrace
- Townhouses are located in Pinehurst, Audobon Terrace and Summerfield
Lake Linganore was conceived in 1968. Most of the homes have been built since the 80’s, as the population of Frederick County began to grow. The majority of home were built in the 90’s, but building continues.
Lake Linganore market data from the first quarter of 2015.
Active Homes for sale in Lake Linganore:
• Number of homes currently for sale: 66
- 62 Single-family homes, average list price: $405,089
- 3 townhouses, average list price: $327,017
- 1 building lot: list price $125,000
• Average Asking Price: $398,800
• Median Asking Price: $352,500
Sold Homes in Lake Linganore since Second Quarter 2015:
• Number of homes sold: 55, 43 single-family, 3 condos, 9 towns
- Avg single-family: $417,868, 99% of list price
- Avg Town: $250,200, 99.5% of list price
- Avg Condo: $148,000, 99.5% of list price
Median Sold Price: $370,000
Average Sold Price: $377,100
Average SP/LP ratio (what % of asking price did homes sell for): 99%
Average DOM: 65
Conclusion: Lake Linganore Community is a great community for active nature lovers. New homes are under construction in the newer communities. The average sales price is consistent with the overall home prices in Frederick County.
Homes for Sale in Lake Linganore:
$332,500 : 6551 TWIN LAKE DR, New Market3 beds, 2 full baths
$499,900 : 6707 ACCIPITER DR, New Market4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$379,999 : 10304 HURON CT, New Market3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$384,900 : 6579 NYASA BND, New Market4 beds, 3 full baths
$399,500 : 10298 ATHABASCA TRL, New Market4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$469,000 : 6806 FOREST PARK CT, New Market3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$492,980 : 6821 WEST SHAVANO RD, New Market4 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
$625,000 : 10705 DEWEY WAY E, New Market6 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
See all Homes for Sale in Lake Linganore.
(all data current as of 5/29/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
For more information on Lake Linganore at Eaglehead, please contact Chris Highland at eXp Realty: 301-401-5119 or
Search Homes for Sale in Lake Linganore
Sell Your Lake Linganore Home: Request a Comparative Market Analysis
Tailwinds Over Frederick Balloon “The Liberty”