Baker Park Neighborhood Market Report 2018
provided by the Highland Group – eXp Realty
Frederick Md Neighborhood: Baker Park
Baker Park is an established neighborhood in the center of Frederick that offers stately homes surrounding the 58 acre linear park.
You’ll find many Victorian homes built in the first half of the 1900’s, some Colonials and Arts & Crafts homes also. Most of the homes were built on larger city lots, with lovely tree-lined streets.
There is one area of Baker Park where you’ll find brand new “yet historic” homes. Known as Baker Park Estates, the development has custom homes under construction by Mitchell & Best home builders priced at $1.35 million and started out with seven lots for sale at $475,000 each. The lots are each about one-fourth of an acre. Buyers can work with an architect and custom builder of their choosing but must follow community guidelines for their architectural style. There is one lot remaining. Buyer representation is a option that new home buyers will want to consider.
Learn more about the neighborhood: Homes for Sale in Baker Park Frederick Md
Baker Park, Frederick Md Area Information:
Baker Park Boundaries:
Baker Park Neighborhoods surround the linear park on both sides, for several blocks. Many times people refer to the neighborhood as Baker Park/Hood College, including the homes that are adjacent to the college and Frederick Memorial Hospital. But Baker Park proper, extends from:
- East: N. Bentz Street
- West: I-15
- North: Dill Avenue
- South: West Patrick Street/144
- Hood College Neighborhood runs between Dill Avenue and 7th Street
Baker Park is a sought-after location, with real estate values that consistently average about 40% above the average sales price for Frederick County. The Linear Park is the favorite for City of Frederick residents with the Bell Tower as one of the main attractions. There is an amphitheater where summer concerts take place, a pool, playgrounds, tennis courts and more.
Although Baker Park and Hood College are not part of the Historic District, the majority of the homes are older homes with significant architectural detail and beauty. The homes you will find in this neighborhood are single-family homes, mostly built before mid-century. All are custom-built, and none are alike.
Baker Park, Frederick Real Estate Market Information:
Real estate activity from the 1st quarter, with current Baker Park Listings:
Sold Homes in Baker Park 2018:
• Number of homes sold: 8 single-family homes
• Average Sold Price – Single-family: $720,842 (compared to $678,959 in 2917)
• Average SP/LP ratio (what % of asking price did homes sell for): 98.4% of List Price at time of sale.
Median Sold Price: $760,000
• Average Days On Market: 77.
Three homes sold for 100% of list price, and two sold for more than list price with cash offers.
Use our Advanced Search: Homes for Sale in Baker Park
Find Out: What’s My Home Worth?
Active Homes for sale in Baker Park:
Number of homes for sale: There are 3 active single-family listings in Baker Park, and one coming soon.
• 211 Rockwell Terrace: Asking Price: $1,550,000, a 4 bedroom, 4 full and 1 half bath, single-family Cape Cod/ Georgian style home. Built in 1935. It’s been on the market 1 day.
• 309 Rockwell Terrace: Asking Price $799,900, a 5 bedroom, 4 full bath single-family Victorian home. Built in 1915. It’s been listed for 197 days at the original list price.
• 404 West Second St W, Asking Price $699,999, a 4 bedroom, 3 full and 1 half-bath single-family Cape Cod style home, built in 1938. It has been listed for 245 days, with a price reduction from $749,900 to $719,999, now $699,999.
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 1/17/2020)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Contact the Highland Group for buyer representation and a personal tour of Baker Park real estate.
Sell Your Baker Park Home
Contact the Highland Group: Real Estate Marketing Specialists for the 21st Century
Enjoy our Video: A Summer Day in Baker Park