May is a spectacular month in Frederick Maryland! May Fest, History events, Garden Tours… and Frederick farmer’s markets open in May! For those of us who aren’t blessed with green thumbs, it’s a real treat to go to one of the Frederick County Farmer’s markets and pick up some yummy organic produce.
I want to give credit where credit is due, so here are some of the local farmer’s markets that McCutcheon’s Blog lists: [And by the way, you’ll want to subscribe to McCutcheon’s Blog for some great recipes!]
- Baugher’s Orchard
- Butler’s Orchard
- Catoctin Mountain Orchard
- Eveready Square and Shab Row Farmers Market
- Ivy Hill Farm
- Lewis Ochard
- Martin’s Market
- Middletown Farmers Market
- Pryor’s Orchard
- Summer’s Farm
- Thanksgiving Farm
- Urbana Library Farm Market
- West Frederick Farmers Market
And here is a great Google Map of the location of these Farmers Markets.
Things to Do in Frederick Md in May
- Beyond the Garden Gates Garden Tour, the third weekend in May. 301-600-2489, Purchase Tickets online or at stores listed on the website.
- First Saturday is “May Fest”. Build a bouquet of spring flowers as you shop. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Bark in the Park, the second Saturday in May, Utica District Park, Thurmont, Md
Mother’s Day Brunch in and Around Frederick:
- Brewer’s Alley – 301-631-0089
- Roasthouse Pub – 301-418-6096
- Barley & Hops – 301-668-5556
- Walkersville Railroad will serve brunch in a 1920′s dining car. Reservations required: 301-898-0899
- Alexander’s in Buckeystown, 301-874-1831
- The Comus Inn – 301-349-5100
- Monocacy Crossing – 301-846-4204
- Volt – 301-696-8658
- Isabella’s – 301-698-8922
Frederick Farmer’s Markets Open in May, Enjoy Frederick’s own produce!
The Highland Group
Chris & Karen Highland
Text Us: 301-401-5119