May is a spectacular month in Frederick Maryland! May Fest, History events, Garden Tours… and Frederick farmer’s markets open in May! For those of us who aren’t blessed with green thumbs, it’s a real treat to go to one of the Frederick County Farmer’s markets and pick up some yummy organic produce.
I want to give credit where credit is due, so here are some of the local farmer’s markets that McCutcheon’s Blog lists: [And by the way, you’ll want to subscribe to McCutcheon’s Blog for some great recipes!]
- Baugher’s Orchard
- Butler’s Orchard
- Catoctin Mountain Orchard
- Eveready Square and Shab Row Farmers Market
- Ivy Hill Farm
- Lewis Ochard
- Martin’s Market
- Middletown Farmers Market
- Pryor’s Orchard
- Summer’s Farm
- Thanksgiving Farm
- Urbana Library Farm Market
- West Frederick Farmers Market
And here is a great Google Map of the location of these Farmers Markets.
Seed of Life Nurseries
Seed of Life Nurseries, a community supported agriculture(CSA) program, also supports our community by feeding and educating “at risk” families throughout the growing season. The local partnerships with SOL helped feed over 100 at risk families in 2013.
Things to Do in Frederick Md in May
- Beyond the Garden Gates Garden Tour, the third weekend in May. 301-600-2489, Purchase Tickets online or at stores listed on the website.
- First Saturday is “May Fest”. Build a bouquet of spring flowers as you shop. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Bark in the Park, the second Saturday in May, Utica District Park, Thurmont, Md
Mother’s Day Brunch in and Around Frederick:
- Brewer’s Alley – 301-631-0089
- Roasthouse Pub – 301-418-6096
- Barley & Hops – 301-668-5556
- Walkersville Railroad will serve brunch in a 1920′s dining car. Reservations required: 301-898-0899
- Alexander’s in Buckeystown, 301-874-1831
- The Comus Inn – 301-349-5100
- Monocacy Crossing – 301-846-4204
- Volt – 301-696-8658
- Isabella’s – 301-698-8922
Frederick Farmer’s Markets Open in May, Enjoy Frederick’s own produce!
The Highland Group
Chris & Karen Highland
Text Us: 301-401-5119