Buying A Frederick Home
It’s a good time to buy a home. Here’s why:
- Interest rates are at historical lows. Historically, the average mortgage rate is between 7% and 8%. Rates have been bumping around the low-to-mid 4’s for over a year. These rates drastically increase buying power.
- Home prices have decreased, bottomed, and are rising. When values are rising, it’s a great time to buy.
- There is a small, but good inventory of homes on the market to choose from. More homes come on the market every week.
Buying a home is one of the smartest purchases you can ever make. One reason is that home ownership has many positive tax implications. The three most important sources of tax savings for home owners are;
- deductions for mortgage interest
- deductions for real estate taxes
- capital gain exclusion for the sale of a principal residence
Frederick Home Buyer’s Road Map
The process of buying a home is usually not a quick process. That’s why its important to have an experience Realtor® along for the journey. Here’s my interactive “Frederick Home Buyer’s Road Map” to put the typical* home buying process in an understandable context. Each touch point is leads to more information on that topic.
Buying a home is not an event, it’s a process. Helping first time home buyers navigate the process is one of our favorite parts of selling real estate in central Maryland. While there are several moving parts to the process, from negotiations to appraisals and inspections, it is always a joy for us to help people enter into home ownership.
For most Americans, purchasing a home is their entry to building wealth. It is also the entry to a lifestyle and to stability for a family. We can’t think of anything we’d rather be doing.
Contact us for a guided tour of the home buying process.
Use our Property Search to find your new Frederick Home:
Search for Homes
The Highland Group
eXp Realty . Frederick, Md 21701, 301-401-5119
*the typical process does not include foreclosures or short sales.