Table of Contents
Maryland Home Sellers
The Highland Group can help Maryland Home Sellers with our 8-Step Marketing Plan:
Our 8-Step Marketing Plan to Sell Your Maryland Home
Are you thinking about selling your home? Not sure where to start?
When you’re selling your home, it only takes one buyer, the right buyer to find your home and want it for their own. But where do you find that one, right buyer? How do you make sure that the right buyer finds your home?
Here is what The Highland Group will do to market your home.
- The web is now by far the most important advertising medium for real estate. Did you know that between 92 and 95% of buyers start looking on the internet for their new home? With that in mind, we start from the beginning to build a better listing for your home.
- First, we add your home to our local Multiple List Service, [MLS] The Bright MLS. This is the source for all real estate information on the internet. We add a detail-rich listing with the maximum number of professional photos to make your home stand out.
- We make a professional video of your home, as well as a visual tour. Buyers not only love pictures, but they can also tour your home through the video, increasing their interest and their likelihood of adding your home to their list of “must-see homes”.
- We prepare a single-property page on our website, with your home’s photos, video tour, neighborhood details, and links, as well as keyword-rich descriptions. Our listings are found on the first page of a Google search regularly. This way, as often as possible, inquiries about your home come to us, your listing agents, and we know more about your home than anyone else, other than you.
- Your listing is then syndicated to more than 50 real estate-specific websites, to the busiest real estate marketing places online, where buyers are looking. By crafting a detail-rich description with professional photos and a high-definition walk-through video, we build a better listing from the start. These attention-getting tools will help your home get on a buyer’s wish list.
- Our blogs and websites are Search Engine Optimized to put your listing out in front, where today’s buyers can find it.
- We put the usual sign in the yard, and use a Sentrilock lockbox. We have a digital record of everyone who enters the home, ensuring the best security for you and your possessions.
- Once we get an offer for your home, the Highland Group will put our 30+ years of experience and negotiation expertise to work for you, assuring you the best possible price and terms. We’ll be there to walk you through, step by step to a successful closing. So you can get on to the next exciting step in your life.
Priced to Sell
The first step in home selling is to price the home in the correct window. How does one determine the “correct price window”? Sellers need to remember that the market will determine the price of their home, not the sellers themselves. A CMA, Comparative Market Analysis, is necessary to determine the right price window.
A price window is a good idea to establish a low and high parameter. Using the comparable sales for homes in the area and your price range will determine what the market will bear. Positioning your home in the market is critical for the first 4 to 6 weeks of your marketing time. During this time, your home will receive the most attention. If you’re priced too high, your home will be overlooked.
When it’s time to sell, you must be confident that every element of negotiating the best terms and the highest price has been set before your home is even listed. Start with the resources we’ve provided. There is no charge for this information. These tips and articles will help get you started in terms of assessing your real estate situation and planning for a stress-free and successful sale.
The real estate market is always changing in Frederick, and it takes an experienced professional to move your house quickly, professionally, and profitably. When you’ve decided to sell, we’ll be your advocate, your guide, and your fierce negotiator. We will work hard to make yours a great sale.
We look forward to it. Sincerely,
Chris & Karen Highland
If you checked your Zestimate and it didn’t ring true…you will appreciate a Comparative Market Analysis, CMA, from a local real estate professional.
Request a Home Evaluation with No Obligation.
When you are planning to sell your home, the price you decide to start with is critical. That’s why you need a real estate agent with local experience to help you determine market value. Market value is the price that buyers in the current market will pay. Getting an honest assessment of your home’s market value depends on several things, including:
- Condition of the home
- Market conditions and trends
- Needed repairs or improvements
- Your time frame
- What buyers are currently paying for similar homes
Market value has nothing to do with your home’s tax assessment. Assessed value is a number used to calculate your real estate taxes, market value is a range that we can determine by comparing your home with like homes that have recently sold. The market value has everything to do with what the current market trends are…what buyers are willing to pay. Not what your neighbor’s home is listed for, and not what an online estimate tells you.
If you price your home too high from the outset, you can miss out in several ways:
- You won’t attract the buyers who can purchase your home
- You waste time on the market, risking a perceived “stigma”
- You’re more likely to get a low-ball offer when your home stays on the market for much longer than the average selling time in your area.
Homes that sell for the most money, in the shortest amount of time, are homes that are priced well for the market and are in their best condition. Ask a local professional to help you determine that price window. We’re happy to evaluate a price range for your home, with no obligation: