Frederick Md Realtors
Chris Highland – with eXp Realty
Husband and wife team, Chris and Karen Highland, are Frederick Maryland Realtors®, they have been serving the real estate needs of families in Frederick, Montgomery, Carroll, Howard & Washington Counties since 1992.
The Highland’s are affiliated with eXp Realty, Maryland.
eXp Realty, LLC, 137 National Plaza, Ste. 300, National Harbor, MD, 20745, Broker: 888-860-7365
We Solve Problems
Chris and Karen have lived in Frederick County for over 28 years and have raised four kids (and three dogs!) They’ve watched the changing Frederick landscape as well as the changing complexities of the real estate market.
Real estate transactions have many moving parts, and there are sometimes challenges in today’s complicated financial and legal environment.
Whether the issue is finding the right financing, negotiating the best possible price and terms, or assuring thorough inspections, the Highland Group specializes in solutions.
“I like to say that buying and selling real estate can be like a white water rafting expedition…you can certainly paddle, but I’d prefer it if you let me steer. As in any expedition, proper guidance is a must in order to avoid going into the drink… or hitting the rocks.”
~ Chris Highland
What differentiates us? Five Star Concierge Service
We realize that the real estate transaction has become more complex in the recent decade – contracts and disclosures have expanded, paperwork has tripled, and there are many more steps to the process. We believe that communication is the key to moving through the processes with the utmost success. We pledge to keep communication as a priority, to eliminate confusion during the process.
- Regular updates through a variety of mediums: online platform, emails, video chats, text, and even old fashioned phone calls.
- Easy and efficient access to documents and updates of the process through our platform. Not only for you, but also for all parties involved. The lender, the settlement attorney, inspectors and the cooperating agent have access to documents and necessary communication in a timely manner.
- We have resources for your information and education on the real estate process in our Buyer and Seller Libraries. This includes information on Neighborhoods, Market Trends, Informational videos and articles, all to inform you on the details you need. Karen is a nationally recognized real estate blogger and trainer, with 12 years of written content to inform and educate.
For more than a decade, we have been aggressively pursuing online marketing for real estate. Search algorithms are likely to be mind-numbing for consumers, but to us, it’s imperative to understand how search works.
NAR’s research tells us that 92% of home buyers are looking on the internet at some point for real estate information.
Our online marketing platforms are based on our continued study of consumers’ behavior…We provide what consumers are looking for.
- Professional Photos make your listing stand out.
- High Definition Videos, showcasing our listings at the highest level of professionalism
- Strategically placed listing pages that are found in organic search by likely buyers
- Today’s buyers are looking for lifestyle and community, our blogs highlight the community and the neighborhoods and provide that personalized local information that they’re looking for.
- Our blogs and website provide detailed information about the processes and best practices of the real estate transaction, they provide market statistics and analysis, and nuanced local information that may not be found on the larger national sites.
- This allows us to showcase our sellers’ properties and to provide valuable information to home buyers. Karen has been locally and nationally recognized for her blogging and social media expertise, and has even trained brokerages and agents in the process of internet marketing.
- We use targeted social media sharing through strategic sponsored posts and videos, to get your listing in front of the right buyers.
The right technologies exist for the purpose of making the transaction more efficient and less difficult for all involved. To enhance the transaction and make the steps seamless, we use the most efficient real estate technologies:
- Cloud Document Sharing and Communication
- Electronic Lockboxes for your security
- The best Video and Photo Technologies to Market your Home
- The latest in internet marketing for maximum exposure of your home
Our Team of Professionals share our values and are available to offer a continued Concierge Experience. We bring together the best team of real estate professionals to take care of all the aspects of your real estate transaction:
- Settlement Attorneys
- Home inspection
- Well & Septic
- Mold Remediation
- Pest Inspection
- Home Improvement
- Home Stagers
Fiduciary Representation means that we always put your interests first. It’s About Service
Because we see ourselves as customer service experts first, we are committed to helping tour clients achieve their goals, to making our clients´ priorities our own. That’s why over 80% of our business comes from referrals.
Concierge Service, whether you are a first-time buyer or seller, or a veteran, We value you and recognize that you are our business.
Experience and Education
Presently, Chris is a Realtor® and Associate Broker at eXp Realty. His experience in management and mentoring, as well as his 26+ years of real estate experience serve as a great resource to clients and agents as they maneuver the complex issues surrounding any real estate transaction.
Chris has a CDPE certification: Certified Distressed Property Expert. He has training and experience with Short Sale properties. He has helped many Maryland homeowners avoid foreclosure by helping them through the process of a short sale.
Karen brings her own unique benefits to buyers and sellers from the field of education. Karen provides back-office support for the Highland Group. She writes several blogs and websites, keeping buyers and sellers aware of real estate information and trends, as well as local Frederick events. She moderates a mastermind and trains agents on several aspects of digital marketing for real estate.
The Highland Group – Testimonials
First-Time Home Buyers
- “Chris took us on as first time home buyers and was very patient answering our many questions about the process. He really listened to what we wanted in a home purchase and ultimately led us to the home of our dreams. His knowledge and expertise shown through in each phase of our purchase and we consider ourselves lucky to have stumbled upon him as our realtor.” Matt & Marissa Wood. As seen on Zillow: Local knowledge: 5 stars Process expertise: 5 stars Responsiveness: 5 stars Negotiation skills: 5 stars
- “My advice for anyone…do everything Chris says!” Shannon
- “I highly recommend Chris Highland as a real estate agent. I have worked with Chris during the sale of a house and the purchase of a new one. He made some recommendations to me that enabled me to sell my house in 2 days. He showed us houses in a very timely manner that we were interested in, thus a purchase of a wonderful home. During this process, we had many questions and Chris was “there for us” every single time. I would email him a concern and he responded rapidly with answers that eased any concerns we have had. Chris is a very professional agent and is informative with his knowledge. I totally trusted Chris to make our house search an easy process.” ~ Cathy V.
- “We had a great experience in dealing with Chris for our short sale. He explained in detail early on in the process what would be happening throughout the process and it pretty much followed his projections. We were kept well informed of the ongoing processes (of which there were many) and that was important due the the lengthy short sale process. I must state that after our first meeting with Chris he had our complete confidence and he did not let us down. I would highly recommend Chris for any of your Realtor needs.” Will Trimble. Google Review
The Highland Group serves home buyers and sellers in all of Frederick County, including the City of Frederick, Adamstown, Mt. Airy, Monrovia, Ijamsville, New Market, Middletown, Myersville, Jefferson, Brunswick, Point of Rocks, Thurmont, Libertytown, Emmitsburg, Woodsboro, and Walkersville. They also serve referral clients in Washington County, Carroll County, Howard County and Montgomery County.
* * * * * *
Chris & Karen Highland
with eXp Realty
301-401-5119 – Direct
888-860-7369 – Broker