Frequently Asked Questions
After 20+ years in real estate, and 7 years of real estate blogging, we have some experience answering questions. Here are some answers to the most frequently asked buyer and seller questions:
1. Tips for Moving with Pets. Now, I’m sure this is not the top question on everyone’s mind, it just happens to be one of my most read posts. That is most likely because the places where I post it and the particular social media audience that sees it happen to be pet-lovers. (laws of attraction and what-not?)
2. Is It A Buyer’s Market or A Seller’s Market? It’s really a simple concept, but it gets tossed around until it’s not very clear. It all has to do with supply and demand.
3. How Much Home Can I Afford? Hopefully, this is the first question a buyer asks. There is no need to get in the car until you know not only how much you can afford, but how much you want to afford, and how much it impacts your budget.
4. Understanding Your FICO Score.
Keeping an eye on your credit is more important than ever in today’s mortgage environment. I have several articles and videos about the topic of your credit score. Learn more about Credit Scores here.
5. How Can I Best Stage My Home for Sale? We’ve got lots of other staging tips from various staging professionals. Getting your home in the best condition before it goes on the market will give you the best possibility of netting the highest price. Showing it to its best with staging principles that really work is the next logical step.
6. Should I continue renting or is it the right time for me to buy? Sometimes it’s really not the right time for someone to buy a home. It’s important to evaluate and ask the right questions before you dive in to homeownership.
7. What are the most important things to consider when buying a home? I happy when people are asking these kinds of questions. When you’re shopping for a home, you should always consider resale.
8. Related to the last question, What features are today’s home buyers looking for? This is something every home seller should consider, especially if they are thinking about renovations.
9. What is important to know about the present real estate market? O.K. I admit it, this question comes after some discussion and prompting, but it’s a discussion worth having with your agent, whether you’re a buyer or a seller.
What’s the latest?
Crowdfunding for Real Estate
10. Comparing 30-year and 15-year mortgages. There are many choices in mortgage products today, not the least of which is comparing 30-year mortgage and a 15-year mortgage.