Fall is just around the corner in Frederick County! Many people are feeling the cooler nights.🍂 As the summer heat chills, we look forward to the crisp, cool air moving in. There are some fun things to do in Fall in Frederick Maryland. Hopefully you’ll find something that strikes your fancy to celebrate the 2023 season! See more at: 10 Things to Love about Frederick MD
Table of Contents
- 🌽Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes In Frederick County
- 🌰Fall in Frederick MD – The Great Outdoors
- 🍂Leaf Peeping in and Around Frederick Maryland
- 🎃Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – Kid Friendly
- 👻Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – for Adults
- 🎖️Veterans Day Celebrations In and Around Frederick MD
- Fun Things to Do in Fall in Frederick Maryland
- 🏠Search for Homes in Central Maryland
- 🏘️Learn more about Frederick Neighborhoods
- 😀Need A Real Estate Agent in Your City? We Can Refer a Great Agent!
🌽Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes In Frederick County
- Summers Farm , 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze and Fall Fun. Open from September 16 to October 31st.
- Middletown Heritage Festival, Sept. 23.
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival, Sept. 1 through October 31. And, Nov. 24 – Dec. 22. 5501 Detrick Road, Mt. Airy, MD 21771. Check the website for: Teacher Appreciation Weekend, Military and First Responders Week, Apple Harvest Festival, and more.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, Sept. 23 – Oct. 31. 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md, Sept. 23 – Oct. 31. Corn maze, pumpkin patch, kid-friendly
- Mayne’s Tree Farm & Farmer’s Market , 3420 Buckeystown Pike.
- Green Meadows Farm, Pumpkin Patch Opens Oct. 1 – 29, Barnyard Bash, Petting Farm, Trail of Jack-O-Lanterns – Oct. weekends, 5610 10102 Fingerboard Rd. Ijamsville, Md 21754. They have tickets for each event, or an annual pass.
🌰Fall in Frederick MD – The Great Outdoors
- Middletown Heritage Festival Days, Sept. 23.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions, A Dinner Train, Ghost Trains, and Santa Trains.
- Mt. Airy Flea Market, Flea Market Sept. 30, Mt. Airy Carnival Grounds, 1008 Twin Arch Rd.
- Oktoberfest, Mt. Airy, Sept. 23, Downtown Main Street.
- Frederick Oktoberfest, Sept. 29 – Sept. 30 @Frederick Fairgrounds
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Oct. 7 – 8, Downtown Brunswick.
- Rose Hill Manor Park Fall Festival, Oct. 7-8, Crafts, farm exhibits and more. 10 am to 4 pm. 1611 North Market Street, Frederick. Also,
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 14 & 15, Thurmont Community Park
- Catoctin Furnace FallFest, Oct. 13 – 14. Also Spirits of the Furnace, Oct. 21.
- Fort Ritchie Community Events, Fort Ritchie Community Center, 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascade Md
- Annual Urbana Indoor Art & Craft Show, Oct. 28, Urbana Fire Hall, 9 am to 4 pm.
- Frederick County Wineries have many outdoor Fall events! Check out Linganore Winecellars, Elk Run Vineyards, Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
🍂Leaf Peeping in and Around Frederick Maryland
According to the Foliage Network, a loose group of foliage spotters, high color is considered to be when 61-80 percent of leaves have changed color.
- The Catoctin Mountains are beautiful in the Fall. Check out the activities at Catoctin Mountain Park, and Cunningham Falls State Park.
- Garrett County is full of great views. In 2014 Travel and Leisure magazine named the town of Oakland as the best place in the country to view changing leaves. The leaves change earlier in this area of higher elevation, so while the rest of the state is viewing green, it’s time to head west if you want to see color.
- A trip to Deep Creek Lake is at the top of the list for serious leaf-peepers! The 55th annual Autumn Glory Festival is October 11 through the 15.
- Here’s a place you might not have thought of: Lafayette Park across from the White House in Washington D.C. The colors are beautiful!
🎃Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – Kid Friendly
No Child Should Be Bored in Frederick County This October!
- Spirits of the Furnace, at Catoctin Furnace, Oct. 21, 12607 Catoctin Furnace Rd.
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, March of the Scarecrows, downtown Middletown, Oct. 14 – 30.
- Not-S0-Scary Family Halloween Party, Adventure Park USA, Fall Festival.
- Canines on the Creek: Doggy Parade & Costume Contest, downtown Frederick, Oct. 28.
- Trick or Treat through History, Oct. 27 – 28, Rose Hill Manor Park.
- Brunswick Halloween Party: Trunk or Treat, Oct. 28, 6 pm to 8 pm. Square Corner.
See Other kid-friendly activities in and around Frederick all year long.
👻Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – for Adults
- Surelocked In Escape Games! A haunted house room in October!
- Ghost Tours of Historic Downtown Frederick, and Candlelight Cemetery Tours
- Murder and Mayhem Walking Tour, Saturdays. $10 Adult, $7 Children.🎃
- Fun Things to Do in Fall in Frederick Maryland.
🎖️Veterans Day Celebrations In and Around Frederick MD
- 91st Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 5, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 20th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 5, Brass musicians line Market and 2nd Streets, each musician playing Taps in turn passing the call from Mt. Olivet to Memorial Park. Market St. and 2nd St. 10:30 am – 11:00 am. 301-694-0829
Enjoy this beautiful time of year!
Fun Things to Do in Fall in Frederick Maryland
by Chris and Karen Highland, with eXp Realty. Frederick Maryland has been our home for 25 years. It’s a friendly and inviting place to live, work and play. Learn more about Frederick at Exploring Frederick MD.