Table of Contents
- 🌽Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes In Frederick County
- 🌰Fall in Frederick MD – The Great Outdoors
- 🍂Leaf Peeping in and Around Frederick Maryland
- 🎃Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – Kid Friendly
- 👻Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – for Adults
- 🎖️Veterans Day Celebrations In and Around Frederick MD
- 🏠Search for Homes in Central Maryland
- 🏘️Learn more about Frederick Neighborhoods
- 😀Need A Real Estate Agent in Your City? We Can Refer a Great Agent!
🌽Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes In Frederick County
- Summers Farm , 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze and Fall Fun
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, downtown Middletown, Oct. 20. Also: Middletown Halloween Parade, Color Me Autumn Festival, Oct. 21, 10 AM to 5 PM
- The Great Pumpkin Patch, Oct. 13-14, 12406 Old National Pike District Park, Mt. Airy
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival, Sept. 7th through November 4th. 5501 Detrick Road, Mt. Airy, MD 21771. September 22 – 23 is Military and First Responders Appreciation weekend!
- Crumland Farm, Open through Nov. 3 Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, The Great Pumpkin Race, North on Route 15, Mile Marker 17. Willow Road. Including:
- Screamland Farms, Fridays & Saturdays though Nov. 3. 7 – 10 pm.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, Sept. 22 – Oct. 31. 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Winterbrook Farms, Open through Nov. 4, 13001 Creagerstown Road, Thurmont, Md. Corn mazes, apple cannon, pumpkin patch and more.
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md, Sept. 29 – Oct. 31. Corn maze, pumpkin patch, kid-friendly
- Mayne’s Tree Farm & Farmer’s Market , 3420 Buckeystown, pumpkin patch is open for the month of October.
- Green Meadows Farm, Petting Farm UTrail of Jack-O-Lanterns – Oct. 19 – 21 and 26 – 28, 5610 10102 Fingerboard Rd. Ijamsville, Md 21754.
🌰Fall in Frederick MD – The Great Outdoors
- Middletown Heritage Festival Days, Sept. 29.
- 5th Annual Color Me Autumn Festival in Middletown, Oct. 20th.
- Girls in Aviation Day, Saturday, October 13, 9 am – 12 pm. AOPA National Aviation Community Center, 296 Bucheimer Road, for girls ages 8 to 16.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. A Dinner Train, Ghost Trains.
- Mt. Airy Fall Festival, Oct. 7th, Mt. Airy Carnival Grounds, 1008 Twin Arch Rd. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Oktoberfest, Sept. 28 – 29 @Frederick Fairgrounds
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Oct. 7 – 8, Downtown Brunswick, 1 am to 5 pm.
- Rose Hill Manor Park Fall Festival, Oct. 6-7, Crafts, farm exhibits and more. 10 am to 4 pm. 1611 North Market Street, Frederick.
- Fallfest at Catoctin Furnace, Oct. 13 – 14, 12607 Catoctin Furnace Rd.
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 13 & 14th, Thurmont Community Park
- Myersville Harvest Festival, Oct. 6.
- Fort Ritchie Community Fall Craft Bazaar, Oct. 20th, Fort Ritchie Community Center, 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascade Md
- 15th Annual Urbana Indoor Art & Craft Show, Oct. 27, Urbana Fire Hall
- Frederick County Wineries have many outdoor Fall events! Check out Linganore Winecellars, Elk Run Vineyards, Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
🍂Leaf Peeping in and Around Frederick Maryland
According to the Foliage Network, a loose group of foliage spotters, high color is considered to be when 61-80 percent of leaves have changed color.
- The Catoctin Mountains are beautiful in the Fall. Check out the activities at Catoctin Mountain Park, and Cunningham Falls State Park.
- Garrett County is full of great views. In 2014 Travel and Leisure magazine named the town of Oakland as the best place in the country to view changing leaves. The leaves change earlier in this area of higher elevation, so while the rest of the state is viewing green, it’s time to head west if you want to see color.
- A trip to Deep Creek Lake is at the top of the list for serious leaf-peepers! The 51st annual Autumn Glory Festival is October 10th through the 15th.
- Here’s a place you might not have thought of: Lafayette Park across from the White House in Washington D.C. The colors are beautiful!
🎃Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – Kid Friendly
No Child Should Be Bored in Frederick County This October!
- Night Before Christmas on the Creek, Movie Night Oct. 19. 6 pm to 9 pm. at Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Free! Beer, wine and snacks are available for purchase.
- Annual Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 20.
- Spirits of the Furnace, Oct. 20, Catoctin Furnace, 6:30 to 9 pm. $10 for adults; $5 for children 12 and under.
- Scarecrow March Mainstreet Middletown, Oct. 20, 4:30 pm.
- Not-S0-Scary Family Halloween Party, Adventure Park USA, Oct. 27, 6 – 9 pm.
- Halloween Trick or Treat, Westview Promenade, Oct. 28
- Halloween Trick or Treat in Downtown Frederick, Oct. 28, 10 am to 12 noon.
- Trick or Treat through History, Oct. 26, Rose Hill Manor Park, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. $2.
- Brunswick Haunted Hayride, Oct. 26 – 27. 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm. $5 Adults, $3 Children.
- Halloween in Downtown Frederick, Oct. 27, 10 am to 12 pm. Free.
- Halloween at Westview Promenade, Oct. 27, 11 am to 1 pm. Free
- Halloween Costume Party at FSK Mall, Saturday, October 28, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
👻Halloween Fun in Frederick MD – for Adults
- Surelocked In Escape Games! A new haunted house room opening in October!
- The Delaplaine Arts Center Halloween Bash, Oct. 26. 8 pm to 11 pm.
- Screamland Farms, Fridays and Saturdays, 7 pm. Through Nov. 3rd. 7612 Willow Rd, Frederick Md.
- Ghost Tours of Historic Downtown Frederick, October 6, 13, 20, 27. $10.50. AND
- Candlelight Cemetery Tours, Oct. 13 through Nov. 3. Saturdays, 7 pm. $10 adults.
- Murder and Mayhem Walking Tour, October 6, 13, 20, 27. $10 Adult, $7 Children.
- Blair Witch Experience, Oct. 13 – 14, Burkittsville Cemetery. 9 am. $30 fee per campsite.
🎖️Veterans Day Celebrations In and Around Frederick MD
- The United States Air Force Concert Band, featuring the Singing Sergeants, playing at the Weinberg Theater November 11. 3 pm.
- 86th Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 5, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 15th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Brass musicians line Market and 2nd Streets, each musician playing Taps in turn passing the call from Mt. Olivet to Memorial Park. Market St. and 2nd St. 2:00 pm – 2:20 pm. 301-694-0829
Enjoy this beautiful time of year!