Realtors Guide to Urbana Md Real Estate
Urbana is an unincorporated community located in southern Frederick County, Maryland. It’s at the I-270/MD 80 interchange, about 7.5 miles southeast of Frederick. Listings on this page for homes for sale in Urbana Md are updated daily.
The recent addition of the developments of Villages of Urbana and the Urbana Highlands, which were begun in 1999, have brought several new amenities to what was once largely farmland. In 2006 the Urbana Library was opened, a beautiful modern facility with many events and activities for residents. In 2009 Urbana was named “The 2009 Best Selling Community in Maryland”.
Table of Contents
Urbana’s location in souther Frederick County brings many residents from Montgomery County to the south. Cost of Living and home values are a draw to our County. there are roughly 9,500 people and 3,000 households residing in the Urbana area.
Commuting from Urbana
The majority of residents commute, most to the southern regions in Montgomery County and Washington D.C. The easy access to I-270 is convenient, as well as routes 355 and 80. Washington is about 40 miles south of Urbana. Baltimore is 48 miles east.
Elementary Schools: Urbana Elementary, Centerville Elementary
Middle School: Urbana Middle
High School: Urbana High – Check the FCPS website for attendance map
Area Events and Amenities
The Frederick Celtic Festival is held annually in Urbana. Centerville Elementary School holds a star-spangled celebration and Urbana Elementary holds a strawberry festival. The Urbana Volunteer Fire Department’s Carnival takes place in mid-July. The community has three swimming pools, a new district park, several tennis and basketball courts.
Urbana is home to the historic Landon House, which was built in 1754 and was used as a military academy and a hospital during the Civil War. The facility is currently being renovated to be a business and retail center.
Urbana Homeowner Associations
Urbana Md Economic Demographics:
There are many small businesses and restaurants that support the residents in Urbana. The Market Center has a Giant Foods, some favorites are Black Hog Bar-B-Que, and Atlantic Grill, and nearby Monocacy Landing, and several specialty shops.
Fannie Mae data center and Banner Life are headquartered in Urbana. The US Social Security Administration data center is being relocated to Urbana and is expected to bring around 400 high paying IT jobs.
Nearby, residents enjoy several Golf courses: Worthington Manor Golf Club, PB Dye Golf Club, Whiskey Creek Golf Course, Holly Hills Country Club, Clustered Spires, West Winds, and Frederick Golf Course.
Parks and Recreation
- Urbana Community Park is just after Urbana Elementary School on the left. The park has ball fields, grills horseshoe, pavilions, playgrounds, tennis courts and volleyball courts.
- Urbana District Park is a mile north on route 355, with playgrounds, ball fields, football/lacrosse, Restrooms, soccer and picnic pavilions.
- Little Bennett Regional Park is minutes south in Montgomery County.
Realtor Urbana Md | Urbana Real Estate
The Highland Group with eXp Realty, located in Urbana Maryland, 8323 Fingerboard Road. Chris Highland has been helping buyers and sellers in Frederick County and surrounding central Maryland for over 23 years.
Urbana Homes for Sale
Search results for homes for sale in Urbana Md. Zip Code 21704. Communities in Urbana include: Villages of Urbana, Urbana Highlands, and Urbana. These listings are updated several times daily:
- Lot Size1,742 sqftHome Size1,868 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths3 bathsYear Built2011Days on MarketN/A
- Lot Size33,541 sqftHome Size2,062 sq ftBeds2 bedsBaths3 bathsYear Built1965Days on MarketN/A
- Lot Size4,356 sqftHome Size3,605 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths3 bathsYear Built2018Days on MarketN/A
- Lot Size2,178 sqftHome Size2,400 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths4 bathsYear Built2004Days on MarketN/A
- Lot SizeN/AHome Size2,894 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths3 bathsYear Built2010Days on MarketN/A
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Or use our Advanced Map Search: Homes for Sale in Urbana