The Historic District is a 50-square block area of downtown Frederick which is a well-known architectural gem. The district is a mix of residential and commercial buildings, most of which are Federal buildings dating from the mid-1800's to the early 1900's. The average year a home was built in downtown Frederick is 1893, compared to the average date of 1986 for Frederick County.
Table of Contents
🏘 Homes for Sale in The Historic District Frederick Md
There are a large number of rental apartments downtown, as investors have converted houses of all sizes into apartments. Additionally, there are several small condominium developments, like the exquisite Lincoln House Condominiums, Homes at Market Square, The Gallery on Second Street, and up-and-coming Pythian Castle Condos.
Frederick’s Historic District stretches from East Street to Bentz Street, and from 7th Street in the North to Maryland School for the Deaf. In the Historic section, you’ll see Federal style houses dating from the 18th century, many restored to their former splendor.
There are also pockets of newer homes downtown, like Maxwell Square townhouses, North Point Neighborhood, and many infill lots that have been constructed over the last few decades. There are new condominium developments, like Maxwell Place and Creekside Plaza, a mixed-use condominium development.
🗺 Map of the Historic District Frederick MD
From the City of Frederick website
📷 Enjoy our slideshow of Historic Frederick Pictures:
🗝 Historic District Living
The Historic District, which is on National Historic Register, is governed by the Historic Preservation Commission. The historic preservation program has developed historic district design guidelines to safeguard the historical and cultural heritage of architecture in the City of Frederick. The care of our beautiful historic residences and commercial buildings has served to stabilize and improve property values.
The Frederick Historic District is a thriving center of over 100 specialty shops and several award-winning restaurants. The quaint city boasts a theater district and growing visual and performing arts area, with galleries and shows. People enjoy shows at the historic Weinberg Theater. Architecture fans appreciate the well-kept historic buildings, with styles from federal and Victorian to art-deco. Also, visitors and residents alike enjoy the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, as well as many nearby historic sites.
📚 Related Reading:
Ten Things to Do in the Historic District
Homes for sale in the Frederick Historic District Frederick MD is updated with new listings hourly:
Homes for sale in the Historic District Frederick MD is written for buyers and sellers in the community. Chris Highland of the Highland Group has been helping people buy and sell residential real estate for 25+ years in the Historic District. Contact us for real estate representation in Frederick and Central Maryland.
Use our Advanced Search for more listing details
🏡 Homes Currently on the Market in the Frederick Historic District
- $565,0000 beds, 0 bath4,464 sqft lot 6,969 sqftListing provided by Paul Warthen, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR191292
- $342,0002 beds, 2 baths1,170 sqft lot 1,742 sqftListing provided by Michael Muren, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR191190
- $254,9002 beds, 1 bath840 sqft lot 2,613 sqftListing provided by Robert Sheets, Hutzell and Sheets Realty AssociatesMLS MDFR191090
- $209,9003 beds, 2 baths1,560 sqft lot 1,742 sqftListing provided by Brittany Reaver, Impact Maryland Real EstateMLS MDFR191054
- 0 beds, 0 bathListing provided by Jennifer Coates, Coldwell Banker InnovationsMLS MDFR190734
- $335,9903 beds, 4 baths2,106 sqft lot 1,742 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR190612
- $75,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 3,920 sqftListing provided by Paul Warthen, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR190542
- $268,0003 beds, 2 baths1,300 sqft lot 6,098 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR190498
- 3 beds, 3 baths2,463 sqft lot 2,613 sqftListing provided by Paul Warthen, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR190386
- $315,9903 beds, 4 baths2,106 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR180102
- $300,0000 beds, 0 bath1,283 sqft lot 3,049 sqftListing provided by Caron Kinsey, CLIMB Properties Real Estate, LLC.MLS MDFR171676
- $345,0003 beds, 3 baths1,748 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Deborah Gartner, Fathom Realty MD, LLC.MLS MDFR115016
- $265,0003 beds, 2 baths1,860 sqft lot 2,613 sqftListing provided by Craig Marsh, Marsh RealtyMLS MDFR151616
- $349,5002 beds, 3 baths1,400 sqft lot 1,742 sqftListing provided by Susan Burnes, Frederick Real Estate Group, LLCMLS MDFR134418
- $317,0003 beds, 2 baths1,850 sqft lot 10,454 sqftListing provided by Theodore Lapkoff, RE/MAX Realty ServicesMLS MDFR140898
- Price Drop2 beds, 2 baths1,116 sqftListing provided by Matthew Staup, Nitro RealtyMLS MDFR125892
- $289,9003 beds, 2 baths1,425 sqft lot 3,484 sqftListing provided by Dennis Phillips, RE/MAX ResultsMLS MDFR100358
- $284,9902 beds, 4 baths1,638 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS 1009976742
All listing data, including, but not limited to, square footage and lot size is believed to be accurate, but the listing agent, listing broker and respective Multiple Listing Services and their affiliates do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Therefore, all data should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. Listing data last updated 1/17/19 1:42 AM PST.
The listing information on this web site is from various brokers who participate in IDX.
Copyright 2019 MRIS. All rights reserved.