The Historic District is a 50-square block area of downtown Frederick which is a well-known architectural gem. The district is a mix of residential and commercial buildings, most of which are Federal buildings dating from the mid-1800's to the early 1900's. The average year a home was built in downtown Frederick is 1893, compared to the average date of 1986 for Frederick County.
Table of Contents
🏘 Homes for Sale in The Historic District Frederick Md
There are a large number of rental apartments downtown, as investors have converted houses of all sizes into apartments. Additionally, there are several small condominium developments, like the exquisite Lincoln House Condominiums, Homes at Market Square, The Gallery on Second Street, and up-and-coming Pythian Castle Condos.
Frederick’s Historic District stretches from East Street to Bentz Street, and from 7th Street in the North to Maryland School for the Deaf. In the Historic section, you’ll see Federal style houses dating from the 18th century, many restored to their former splendor.
There are also pockets of newer homes downtown, like Maxwell Square townhouses, North Point Neighborhood, and many infill lots that have been constructed over the last few decades. There are new condominium developments, like Maxwell Place and Creekside Plaza, a mixed-use condominium development.
🗺 Map of the Historic District Frederick MD
From the City of Frederick website
📷 Enjoy our slideshow of Historic Frederick Pictures:
🗝 Historic District Living
The Historic District, which is on National Historic Register, is governed by the Historic Preservation Commission. The historic preservation program has developed historic district design guidelines to safeguard the historical and cultural heritage of architecture in the City of Frederick. The care of our beautiful historic residences and commercial buildings has served to stabilize and improve property values.
The Frederick Historic District is a thriving center of over 100 specialty shops and several award-winning restaurants. The quaint city boasts a theater district and growing visual and performing arts area, with galleries and shows. People enjoy shows at the historic Weinberg Theater. Architecture fans appreciate the well-kept historic buildings, with styles from federal and Victorian to art-deco. Also, visitors and residents alike enjoy the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, as well as many nearby historic sites.
📚 Related Reading:
Ten Things to Do in the Historic District
Homes for sale in the Frederick Historic District Frederick MD is updated with new listings hourly:
Homes for sale in the Historic District Frederick MD is written for buyers and sellers in the community. Chris Highland of the Highland Group has been helping people buy and sell residential real estate for 25+ years in the Historic District. Contact us for real estate representation in Frederick and Central Maryland.
Use our Advanced Search for more listing details
🏡 Homes Currently on the Market in the Frederick Historic District
- $314,9002 Beds, 2 Baths1,132 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by James Bass, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS MDFR2575321 Days on Market
- $300,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,568 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Thomas Hennerty, NetRealtyNow.com, LLCMLS MDFR2575503 Days on Market
- $412,9003 Beds, 3 Baths2,800 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by Nurit Coombe, RE/MAX Elite ServicesMLS MDFR2573629 Days on Market
- $394,9003 Beds, 3 Baths2,800 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Nurit Coombe, RE/MAX Elite ServicesMLS MDFR2573609 Days on Market
- $245,0002 Beds, 2 Baths1,170 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Yeewen Chang, Evergreen PropertiesMLS MDFR25683026 Days on Market
- $550,0004 Beds, 4 Baths3,178 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Andrew Werner, RE/MAX Realty GroupMLS MDFR25667030 Days on Market
- $240,0003 Beds, 1 Bath1,040 sqft lot 3,485 sqftListing provided by Alfredo Escamilla, Taylor PropertiesMLS MDFR25656632 Days on Market
- $884,5000 Beds, 0 Bath4,046 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Roberta McNamara, RE/MAX ResultsMLS MDFR25625232 Days on Market
- $237,5003 Beds, 2 Baths1,620 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Robert Whalen, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25649233 Days on Market
- $237,5003 Beds, 1 Bath1,470 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Robert Whalen, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25649833 Days on Market
- $1,425,0004 Beds, 5 Bathslot 11,762 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25595640 Days on Market
- $460,0004 Beds, 4 Baths2,440 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Maynard Gottlieb, Mr. Lister Realty, Inc.MLS MDFR25587844 Days on Market
- $550,0000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 5,663 sqftListing provided by Tony Checchia, VCRE.COMLS MDFR25589246 Days on Market
- $474,9003 Beds, 5 Baths2,450 sqftListing provided by Michael McKenna, Weichert Realtors - McKenna & VaneMLS MDFR25407065 Days on Market
All listing data, including, but not limited to, square footage and lot size is believed to be accurate, but the listing agent, listing broker and respective Multiple Listing Services and their affiliates do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Therefore, all data should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. Listing data last updated 12/14/19 6:26 PM PST.
The listing information on this web site is from various brokers who participate in IDX.
Copyright 2019 MRIS. All rights reserved.
This IDX Software is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.