The Historic District is a 50-square block area of downtown Frederick which is a well-known architectural gem. The district is a mix of residential and commercial buildings, most of which are Federal buildings dating from the mid-1800's to the early 1900's. The average year a home was built in downtown Frederick is 1893, compared to the average date of 1986 for Frederick County.
Table of Contents
🏘 Homes for Sale in The Historic District Frederick Md
There are a large number of rental apartments downtown, as investors have converted houses of all sizes into apartments. Additionally, there are several small condominium developments, like the exquisite Lincoln House Condominiums, Homes at Market Square, The Gallery on Second Street, and up-and-coming Pythian Castle Condos.
Frederick’s Historic District stretches from East Street to Bentz Street, and from 7th Street in the North to Maryland School for the Deaf. In the Historic section, you’ll see Federal style houses dating from the 18th century, many restored to their former splendor.
There are also pockets of newer homes downtown, like Maxwell Square townhouses, North Point Neighborhood, and many infill lots that have been constructed over the last few decades. There are new condominium developments, like Maxwell Place and Creekside Plaza, a mixed-use condominium development.
🗺 Map of the Historic District Frederick MD
From the City of Frederick website
📷 Enjoy our slideshow of Historic Frederick Pictures:
🗝 Historic District Living
The Historic District, which is on National Historic Register, is governed by the Historic Preservation Commission. The historic preservation program has developed historic district design guidelines to safeguard the historical and cultural heritage of architecture in the City of Frederick. The care of our beautiful historic residences and commercial buildings has served to stabilize and improve property values.
The Frederick Historic District is a thriving center of over 100 specialty shops and several award-winning restaurants. The quaint city boasts a theater district and growing visual and performing arts area, with galleries and shows. People enjoy shows at the historic Weinberg Theater. Architecture fans appreciate the well-kept historic buildings, with styles from federal and Victorian to art-deco. Also, visitors and residents alike enjoy the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, as well as many nearby historic sites.
📚 Related Reading:
Ten Things to Do in the Historic District
Homes for sale in the Frederick Historic District Frederick MD is updated with new listings hourly:
Homes for sale in the Historic District Frederick MD is written for buyers and sellers in the community. Chris Highland of the Highland Group has been helping people buy and sell residential real estate for 25+ years in the Historic District. Contact us for real estate representation in Frederick and Central Maryland.
Use our Advanced Search for more listing details
🏡 Homes Currently on the Market in the Frederick Historic District
- $219,9002 beds, 2 baths1,610 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by John Hansell, RE/MAX ResultsMLS MDFR244970
- $335,0003 beds, 1 bath1,225 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by Theodore Lapkoff, RE/MAX Realty ServicesMLS MDFR244880
- $374,9004 beds, 4 baths2,160 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by Tyler Swartzwelder, RE/MAX SolutionsMLS MDFR244684
- $259,9002 beds, 1 bath824 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Peg Nara, Marsh RealtyMLS MDFR244432
- $225,0002 beds, 1 bath1,428 sqft lot 1,307 sqftListing provided by Sally Arnold, Sally Arnold & AssociatesMLS MDFR244600
- $335,0002 beds, 2 baths1,229 sqftListing provided by Anthony Verdi, Impact Maryland Real EstateMLS MDFR244008
- $245,0003 beds, 2 baths1,414 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Steven Petruzzello, Ascent Real Estate LLCMLS MDFR243622
or Short Sale3 beds, 2 baths1,480 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Barbara Davis, Keller Williams Realty CentreMLS MDFR234766
- $485,0004 beds, 3 baths2,046 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Mark Smith, Coldwell Banker Residential BrokerageMLS MDFR244118
- $199,8003 beds, 2 baths1,560 sqft lot 1,742 sqftListing provided by Brittany Reaver, Impact Maryland Real EstateMLS MDFR244078
- $529,9003 beds, 2 baths2,196 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Katie Nicholson, RE/MAX PlusMLS MDFR243590
- $254,9002 beds, 1 bath840 sqft lot 2,613 sqftListing provided by Robert Sheets, Hutzell and Sheets Realty AssociatesMLS MDFR243756
- $349,9903 beds, 4 baths2,106 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243406
- $524,9904 beds, 4 baths4,292 sqft lot 6,969 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243394
- $509,9905 beds, 5 baths4,137 sqft lot 6,969 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243314
- $324,999Price Drop4 beds, 2 baths1,680 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Nideen Morrison, Charis Realty Group LLCMLS MDFR234274
- $334,9904 beds, 4 baths2,106 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243312
- $324,9903 beds, 4 baths1,638 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243310
- $309,9902 beds, 4 baths1,638 sqft lot 1,306 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243308
All listing data, including, but not limited to, square footage and lot size is believed to be accurate, but the listing agent, listing broker and respective Multiple Listing Services and their affiliates do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Therefore, all data should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. Listing data last updated 4/24/19 6:24 PM PDT.
The listing information on this web site is from various brokers who participate in IDX.
Copyright 2019 MRIS. All rights reserved.
This Custom IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.