The Historic District is a 50-square block area of downtown Frederick which is a well-known architectural gem. The district is a mix of residential and commercial buildings, most of which are Federal buildings dating from the mid-1800's to the early 1900's. The average year a home was built in downtown Frederick is 1893, compared to the average date of 1986 for Frederick County.
Table of Contents
🏘 Homes for Sale in The Historic District Frederick Md
There are a large number of rental apartments downtown, as investors have converted houses of all sizes into apartments. Additionally, there are several small condominium developments, like the exquisite Lincoln House Condominiums, Homes at Market Square, The Gallery on Second Street, and up-and-coming Pythian Castle Condos.
Frederick’s Historic District stretches from East Street to Bentz Street, and from 7th Street in the North to Maryland School for the Deaf. In the Historic section, you’ll see Federal style houses dating from the 18th century, many restored to their former splendor.
There are also pockets of newer homes downtown, like Maxwell Square townhouses, North Point Neighborhood, and many infill lots that have been constructed over the last few decades. There are new condominium developments, like Maxwell Place and Creekside Plaza, a mixed-use condominium development.
🗺 Map of the Historic District Frederick MD
From the City of Frederick website
📷 Enjoy our slideshow of Historic Frederick Pictures:
🗝 Historic District Living
The Historic District, which is on National Historic Register, is governed by the Historic Preservation Commission. The historic preservation program has developed historic district design guidelines to safeguard the historical and cultural heritage of architecture in the City of Frederick. The care of our beautiful historic residences and commercial buildings has served to stabilize and improve property values.
The Frederick Historic District is a thriving center of over 100 specialty shops and several award-winning restaurants. The quaint city boasts a theater district and growing visual and performing arts area, with galleries and shows. People enjoy shows at the historic Weinberg Theater. Architecture fans appreciate the well-kept historic buildings, with styles from federal and Victorian to art-deco. Also, visitors and residents alike enjoy the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, as well as many nearby historic sites.
📚 Related Reading:
Ten Things to Do in the Historic District
Homes for sale in the Frederick Historic District Frederick MD is updated with new listings hourly:
Homes for sale in the Historic District Frederick MD is written for buyers and sellers in the community. Chris Highland of the Highland Group has been helping people buy and sell residential real estate for 25+ years in the Historic District. Contact us for real estate representation in Frederick and Central Maryland.
Use our Advanced Search for more listing details
🏡 Homes Currently on the Market in the Frederick Historic District
- $237,5003 Beds, 2 Baths1,620 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Robert Whalen, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25649271 Days on Market
- $237,5003 Beds, 1 Bath1,470 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Robert Whalen, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25649871 Days on Market
- $1,425,0004 Beds, 5 Bathslot 11,762 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR25595678 Days on Market
- $460,0004 Beds, 4 Baths2,440 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by Maynard Gottlieb, Mr. Lister Realty, Inc.MLS MDFR25587882 Days on Market
- $469,9003 Beds, 5 Baths2,450 sqftListing provided by Michael McKenna, Weichert Realtors - McKenna & VaneMLS MDFR254070103 Days on Market
- $864,9000 Beds, 0 Bath4,616 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Susan Burnes, Frederick Real Estate Group, LLCMLS MDFR254706103 Days on Market
- $395,0003 Beds, 3 Baths2,496 sqft lot 8,712 sqftListing provided by Edwin Stanfield, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR254230111 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 5 Baths3,159 sqftListing provided by Kenneth Wormald, Robert K Wormald, Inc.MLS MDFR253280131 Days on Market
- $1,195,0005 Beds, 5 Baths4,394 sqft lot 16,118 sqftListing provided by Albert Hepp, BuySelf IncorporatedMLS MDFR252900139 Days on Market
- $864,9004 Beds, 5 Baths5,000 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Susan Burnes, Frederick Real Estate Group, LLCMLS MDFR250258166 Days on Market
- $475,0003 Beds, 2 Baths2,430 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by Diane Rhoades, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR249130208 Days on Market
- $324,9903 Beds, 4 Baths1,638 sqft lot 1,307 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243310298 Days on Market
- $309,9902 Beds, 4 Baths1,638 sqft lot 1,307 sqftListing provided by Douglas Gardiner, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.MLS MDFR243308298 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 3 Baths2,892 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS 1004392473749 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 3 Baths3,026 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS 1004379839753 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 3 Baths2,713 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Jay Day, Real Estate Teams, LLCMLS 1004373439754 Days on Market
All listing data, including, but not limited to, square footage and lot size is believed to be accurate, but the listing agent, listing broker and respective Multiple Listing Services and their affiliates do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Therefore, all data should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. Listing data last updated 1/22/20 9:31 AM PST.
The listing information on this web site is from various brokers who participate in IDX.
Copyright 2020 MRIS. All rights reserved.
This IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2020.