Table of Contents
🥞Mother’s Day Brunch in Frederick Maryland:
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! There are lots of great ways to treat mom on her special day. To start off with, there are several restaurants that serve a fantastic Mother’s Day Brunch in Frederick Maryland, but you’ll definitely want to make reservations: …
Downtown Frederick Restaurants Mother’s Day Brunch
- Brewer’s Alley – Downtown Frederick — 301-631-0089 – Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner
- Cafe Nola – Downtown Frederick — 301-694-6652
- JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House – – Downtown Frederick – 301-732-5197
- Isabella’s Taverna – Downtown Frederick – 301-698-8922
- Firestone’s – Downtown Frederick – 301-663-0330
- The Wine Kitchen. On the Creek. 301-663-6968
- Thatcher and Rye – Sat-Sun 12:00 pm–3:00 pm. 240.332.3186
Mother’s Day in and Around Frederick
- Madrones – Frederick — 240-439-4010
- The Comus Inn – Dickerson – 301-349-5100
- Monocacy Crossing – Urbana – 301-846-4204
- Dutch’s Daughter – Frederick – 301-668-9500
- Wilcom’s Inn – Monrovia — 301-798-8686
Sunday Brunch in Frederick
Can’t make it to Brunch on Mother’s Day? There are several restaurants that serve a nice brunch every Sunday. The Housewives of Frederick County put together a nice list of the Best Brunch Restaurants in Frederick MD. Complete with drool-worthy photos!
Please note that this article contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Or, give Mom the treat of brunch at home:
🍷A Mother’s Day Wine Country Day Trip
The Maryland Wine Trail has great representation in Frederick County. There are four wineries within a few miles of Mt. Airy, and six other wineries around the County.
Elk Run Vinyards and Winery – 15113 Liberty Road, Mt. Airy. 10% off all bottles of wine in honor of mom.
Linganore Winecellars – 13601 Glissans Mill Road, Mt. Airy. Open 10 am to 6 pm. Music. Food truck, or bring your own picnic.
Big Cork Vinyards – 4236 Main St, Rohrersville, MD. Sangria and Mama Biscuit Day. Open 11 am to 5 pm.
Black Ankle Vineyards – 14463 Black Ankle Rd, Mt. Airy. Atlantic Smokers Food Truck and Kupcakes & Co. from 12-4 pm, and a selection of local cheeses and picnic foods. You can also bring your own food.
Loew Vineyards – 14001 Liberty Rd, Mt. Airy. Bring your own picnic, or get a cheese plate. They have a gift shop with local artisans, and Zoe’s chocolate.
Catoctin Breeze Vineyard – 15010 Roddy Road, Thurmont. They’re having a Brick N’ Fire Pizza Truck, with live music from 12 noon until 5 pm. Wine and pizza made to order. Paul Brosseau will also be here performing some blues, jazz, and some originals of his own from 1-4 pm.
Links Bridge Vineyards – 8830 Old Links Bridge Rd, Thurmont. 11 am – 6 pm. Taste seven local wines.
New Market Plains – 11111 W. Baldwin Rd, New Market. 12 pm to 5 pm. New winery since 2015. Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Muscat Blanc, Petit Verdot and Syrah.
Springfield Manor Winery and Distillery – 11836 Auburn Road, Thurmont. 2:30 to 6 pm. 130 acre farm, lavender fields, wine, beer and distillery, and event center and Inn. Mother’s Day Macaron Pairing, with Live Music.
Orchid Cellar Meadery and Winery – 8546 Pete Wiles Road, Middletown. Third Annual Mother’s Day Mead, Wine and Sweets. 12 pm – 6 pm.
Try a Fun Wine Tasting at Home!
👠Ten Mother’s Day Gifts from Downtown Frederick
With Mother’s day only days away, if you haven’t decided what to get dear Mom, I’ve got some mother-approved suggestions.
1. Of course, I have to recommend buying Mom a house, if she doesn’t have one. Home values have risen a phenomenal 19% year over year! If you aren’t in the market for a house, I’ve got some house-related gift ideas Mom will love.
2. Mom would love some brand new energy-star appliances. Did you know that May is appliance month at most major department and home improvement stores? There are over 70 categories of Energy-Star certified appliances that will save you as much as 30% on your energy bills. Be sure to check with their websites, as well as your electric company website.
3. Mom would love new furniture…somewhere, something needs to be replaced! Ashleys, Macy’s and Ethan Allen are having a huge furniture sale. Memorial Day is usually a great time for furniture sales and small kitchen appliance sales. If you’re interested in shopping local, Wolf furniture often has a sale this time of year.
4. How about a shopping day in downtown Frederick? Mom is bound to love something from one of the 100 or more specialty shops. You’ll find one-of-a-kind items: clothing, jewelry, household items, art and wearable art, and much more.
5. Moms always love flowers. How about some landscaping flowers. Here are some local nurseries who are always having sales this time of year. Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal-Mart have a great selection of garden supplies.
6. If Mom has always wanted a water garden, you’ve got to take a trip to Lilypons in Adamstown. If you can’t make the trip, you can order online.
7. Maid service. I don’t need to convince you, do I? This will make her cry, no kidding.
If Mom has the perfect house, then here are two suggestions I guarantee she’ll love, and you’ll be supporting the local economy:
8. Give Mom a gift certificate for anything she wants to do in the Historic District, downtown Frederick. Whether a spa treatment, one-of-a-kind jewelry, a chic new outfit, or a great meal at one of our fabulous restaurants, a gift certificate from Frederick Downtown Development will do the trick.
9. Likewise, a spa day together in downtown Frederick is a great gift. There are 15 or so spas in the downtown district.
10. If you get down to the wire and still don’t have a gift, there’s always chocolate. If you’re downtown, go to Zoe’s Chocolate, The Perfect Truffle, or the Candy Kitchen. She’ll love it!
Then again, there is always a gift from Amazon’s List of Gifts for Mom.
Eight Things Moms and Daughters Can Do Together
- Throw a backyard garden party. The weather can be tricky in the Mid-Atlantic during the first week of May, but it is worth the risk if you have a garden you love. Many spring flowers are just coming into bloom. If you don’t have many blooming, you can always plant some potted flowers. Check out my container garden Pinterest board.
- Have a DIY Spa Da. Manicures, pedicures, hair and make-up…there are many possibilities. A trip to the drug store or to Walmart is all that’s needed to prepare.
- Have an at home movie night. My favorite mother-daughter movie is “Dan in Real Life”, with Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche. We laugh and cry every time.
- Take a flower arranging class together. You’ll have fun, make memories, and come home with a beautiful flower display.
- Host a mother’s day tea party. Invite a few friends and enjoy mother’s day together. Bring out all the pretty dishes that don’t get used often.
- Do a craft together. DIY at home, or take a class.
- Make a photo album together. Have a wonderful time while you reminisce.
- Go on a shopping spree! What’s not to love about that?
My Top Picks for Mother’s Day Gifts: